Shop Walkerton :: Shop Walkerton & Win
Contest Rules and Regulations:
The Shop Walkerton & Win contest prize is sponsored by the Walkerton BIA, 101 Durham Street, Walkerton, N0G 2V0. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook.
Early Bird Prizes: There will be five (5) Early Bird Prize winners selected. One winner will be drawn each Friday by noon (November 15th, November 22nd, November 29th, December 6th, December 13th). Each prize shall consist of fifty (50) Walkerton Dollars.
Grand Prize: Three (3) Grand Prize winners will be selected from all completed ballot cards received. This final draw will take place by 2:00pm on December 20th. Each winner receive a gift basket filled with locally donated items and gift certificates valued at approximately $500.00.
Bonus Stamps: There are two (2) opportunities to receive a bonus stamp.
1. On Shoppers' Night on Thursday November 14th, 2019 between 5:30pm and 8:30pm shoppers may donate a non-perishable food item to the Walkerton Food Bank at the Walkerton BIA tent at the Walkerton Library corner to receive a bonus stamp. This bonus stamp counts towards the eight (8) required to complete a card. Through this method there is a limit of one (1) bonus stamp per shopper/contestant.
2. Throughout the contest period (November 14th, 2019 to December 20th, 2019) shoppers can tag the Walkerton BIA through social media while using the hashtag #mychristmaswishlist2019. To tag the BIA please use @walkertonBIA (Facebook), @walkerton_bia (Instagram), or @WalkertonBIA (Twitter). Once tagged, the BIA will contact the account holder and make arrangements for them to receive their bonus stamp. Limit of one bonus stamp per shopper/contestant.
Eligibility: The contest is available to all residents of Canada, excluding Quebec. Employees and volunteers of the Walkerton BIA., their relatives, and those living in the same household may enter the contest, but they are not eligible to win a prize. A skill-testing question is required and must be answered correctly to claim prize.
Prize Entry: Contestants can submit entries from November 14th at 5:30pm, until the submission period ends on December 20th, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. EST. No purchase necessary to enter and win. Once a ballot card is completed it can be submitted into the ballot box. There are four (4) ballot boxes available:
1. Walkerton BIA Office - 101 Durham Street, Walkerton, ON N0G 2V0
2. Flowers By Usss - 216 Durham Street East, Walkerton ON N0G 2V0
3. The Guest House - 313 Durham Street East, Walkerton ON N0G 2V0
4. T-Ks Deli & Pizzeria - 317 Durham Street East, Walkerton ON N0G 2V0
To obtain one (1) FREE ballot card and/or a copy of the official rules, please send a FREE ballot card request in writing to: The Walkerton BIA, Ballot & Rules, PO Box 1344, Walkerton, ON N0G 2V0.
To enter, contestants must make a minimum twenty dollar ($20) purchase at any participating retailer to receive a stamp on their ballot card. Once they have received eight (8) different stamps they may enter their ballot cards in the Early Bird and Grand Prize Draws. There are no limits on the amount of entries a contestant can submit during the contest period. In entering the contest, the winner agrees to have their name announced on the Walkerton BIA website, in Walkerton BIA stores and in all Walkerton BIA social media platforms. The winner also agrees to have their photo shared across all Walkerton BIA social media platforms.
Please note that gift card purchases and/or redemptions are not eligible for a stamp.
Early Bird: November 15th, November 22nd, November 29th, December 6th, December 13th at 12:00pm EST. The winners must provide their telephone number and full mailing address in order to receive their prize.
Grand Prize: December 20th at 2:00 p.m. EST. The winners must provide their telephone number and full mailing address in order to receive their prize.